Surrounded by water with the backdrop of the Olympic Mountains, Port Townsend, Washington is a place of stunning natural beauty. It is a small city rich in history and culture, which has attracted artisans from varied backgrounds of art, music, and drama offering a wide array of fun and interesting activities for you to enjoy. Whether you are here for a night, a long weekend, or an extended vacation, you will find plenty to do in and round Port Townsend.
10 things not to miss when in Port Townsend (that you may not find in the tour book):
• Fort Worden State Park
• Chetzamoka Park (and beach assess)
• A drive through uptown historic district
• Downtown shopping & galleries (no chain stores here!)
• Northwest Maritime Center
• Union Wharf (walk to the end and look back for a great view of the town)
• North Beach (great walk to find beach glass)
• Larry Scott Trail starting at Port Townsend Marina (a real working marina!)
• The Rose Theater (a real gem with movies worth seeing)
• Elevated Ice Cream (yes, real homemade ice cream and gelato)
Want to know more about Port Townsend?
Port Townsend Leader will give you current news and headlines.
PT Guide provides current happenings in and around Port Townsend.
Enjoy PT is a good reference for general trip planning.
Port Townsend Chamber of Commerce is a great resource for those considering relocation.